Aggressive Criminal Defense From A Former Prosecutor
Choosing a defense lawyer to help you fight criminal charges is a big decision. Your choice can impact not only the outcome of your case but also your experience along the way. You deserve a strong and aggressive advocate who knows the justice system inside and out. You deserve someone who’s in it not for the money, but because they care about defending people. You deserve someone who knows the courtroom from both sides – prosecution and defense.
What Sets Me Apart
You will find all of those things to be true with me, a Denver-based defense attorney Jaime Cowan. I have devoted my entire career to criminal law – first as a prosecutor, and now as a defense lawyer. As a prosecutor, I worked my way up to a senior deputy district attorney for Adams County, which involved training other prosecutors. I have built a respected reputation for my fairness and real-world approach. Today, that reputation continues to serve me and my clients well.
I truly care about my clients. Helping them stand up to the system is my passion. When you work with me, you will benefit from my 15-plus years of knowledge and experience navigating the criminal justice system in Colorado.
Vast Experience Handling A Wide Range Of Charges
Having handled hundreds of criminal law cases over the course of my career, I have seen it all. You can turn to me for help with charges such as:
- Drunk/intoxicated driving (DUI) and drug charges, whether a first-time or repeat offense, drug possession or trafficking, or any charge involving controlled substances
- Theft offenses, including shoplifting, motor vehicle theft (sometimes called grand theft auto) and receipt of stolen property
- Financial crimes such as embezzlement, forgery and fraud
- Property crimes such as burglary and trespassing
- Weapons offenses involving firearms or other deadly weapons
- Violent crimes such as assault and battery, domestic violence, robbery and homicide
I Understand The High Stakes Involved In Your Case
Any kind of criminal charge, whether a misdemeanor or felony, can have a major effect on your life and future. That’s why I take every case seriously, investing the time and effort to make sure I do right by my clients. I’m responsive and accessible, and I give clients my cellphone number so they can reach me anytime.